Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mystery plant contest

This is one of my newest plant acquisitions. I have wanted one of these for a while, if only because I liked the name. What I didn't know was exactly how this plant would look in full bloom. So I saw this at the nursery last week. It looked pretty cool. See the purple leafy-looking things around the base of the flower? That's pretty much all I saw when I bought it. I liked the contrast of the purple against the green. I thought it would look great somewhere in my garden.... Then, after it sat in my yard for a few days, it started bursting out in the beautiful, pink petals that you see here. Now, the whole thing is a ball of eye-popping pink! I was so pleasantly surprised!! Can any of you name this plant? Either the common or the Latin will do.....I will make a treat for the first one to correctly identify this pretty posey! Unless you live in Georgia......then bragging rights will have to suffice......

5 comments:

Haley Hale said...

HEY! Was the Georgia comment directed at me??? Let's see that would be bee balm, also known as monarda. I will give you my address so you can send my special treat!

Peggy Eddleman said...

That is such a pretty picture to see each time I check your blog- I LOVE it!

So, was Haley right? I just looked at it and thought "Ooo. Pretty flower! And pretty background flower color!" No names (latin or otherwise) came to me...

kimpg3 said...

Hey Tammy, I picked you for a blogging award. Check my blog. It is Happy Valley on Wendy's blog. You are awesome!

-Kim

Haley Hale said...

I have been checking my mailbox everyday in the hopes that some wonderful mystery treat will be awaiting me. Everyday I come up empty handed. Just thought you might want to check and see if it got lost in the mail or something!

kellieanne said...

I have no idea what that gorgeous plant is. But if I were to give it a name, I would call it "Queen Tiki Tiki." I love the head dress look all in pink.

Related Posts with Thumbnails