Friday, June 12, 2009

Food Photo Friday--Honeybun Cake



This cake is pretty easy, made from ingredients you likely already have, and sure to satisfy a craving for something sweet!

List of ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon


Mix first five ingredients and pour into a 9X13 Pyrex pan. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake.



That's not enough. More.



C'mon.....what are you afraid of? Get serious!!! I don't want to see ANY batter!!



OK. That's better.

Now, take a fork or knife or something and swirl the brown sugar mixture through the cake batter. Like this:



Then, bake it at 325 for 40-45 minutes. Don't over bake it though...

You'll need some icing to put on the cake when it comes out. So, mix 2 cups powdered sugar, 4 Tbsp. milk, and 1 tsp vanilla. Take the cake out and let it cool 2.7 minutes. Drizzle icing over cake like so:




It seeps down in, and that's a beautiful thing, believe me!

It all seems like a lot of sugar. That's because it is. So make it for a gathering so you can share it with others and you won't feel so guilty. Oh...It's meant to be eaten warm, which is delicious, but I love it the next day equally as much. Whichever way you want is fine with me.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Thanks, Tammy! I am already planning on making it for our Trek Committee kids Sunday morning--they meet at 7AM every week now (we leave in 39 days--YIKES!) and they could use a little honeybun love! Thanks for the recipe and inspiration!

kellieanne said...

I've made this before . . . Yes, I tasted it at your house and got the recipe . . . which I promptly lost after I made it and haven't made it since . . . which is why I am stoked to see it on your blog . . . nice pictures, by the way.

Peggy said...

Mmmm. Yummy, yummy, yummy! I want to lick my screen.

My favorite line of the post was "It all seems like a lot of sugar. That's because it is." Hehehe!

Unknown said...

I think I am getting a sugar high just by looking at the pictures. This would make a good breakfast, or a snack or a dessert. Oh, what the heck, just make it a meal.

Carterista said...

Ooo...YUMMY!
Just caught up on your latest posts in a rare moment of modem alertness.
The quilt...oh, the quilt!! But, I LOVE Peggy's story for it. It would be awesome to have the quilt and story together in 50 years.

Shauna said...

Follow up comment: I did make this the next day for the trek committee and the kids LOVED it!

Thanks again! I have a new favorite for General Conference Sundays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails