Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Do you see what I see?

I was playing hide and seek in the garden the other day. The garden that we almost didn't plant for lack of a "good spot". Well, Jason decided on the spur of the moment that our newly cleared side of our yard would make a great spot. And you know what? He was right!! (He's always right.....) We amended, tilled and planted the garden in one weekend.


Nice and orderly huh?


Now it looks like this:
Crazy what a little water and weeding will do. The only thing that could make this garden prettier would be a fence for a backdrop instead of a bobcat, an excavator, an electrical and phone utility box and lovely pile of garbage. (Must be patient.....Must be patient.....Must be patient....)

Let's look a little closer, shall we?

The ubiquitous zucchini. Sometimes I think we grow zucchini just to make ourselves feel productive. I hardly ever actually eat it. I think it's best use is in cakes, myself....


I infinitely prefer these. Mmmmm, saute with some onion in a little butter...oh my!



I think squash blossoms are beyond gorgeous.


Sugar snap sweetness


One of the 457 varieties of tomato that we planted.....

You can't eat this, but isn't it pretty?

Your standard egg-shaped egg-plant. Egg-plant is weird. There's just no getting around that fact.

So there you go. I know, it's an awful lot of green in one post, but what can you do? I think next year we'll do the same thing. Only bigger.

6 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

I am mesmerized by a beautiful garden growing so plentifully and organized! I have to keep reminding myself to keep my eyes on the road lest I wreck every time I drive past one. Yours is so pretty! And bountiful. Mmmm. It makes me jealous and hungry...

Great job on the pics, too!

Unknown said...

That eggplant is a beauty. I just might have to use my ninja skill one of these nights.

kellieanne said...

I guess you wouldn't waste your ninja skills on swiping ubiquitous zucchini, Judy.

I checked your blog out after you checked my blog out and I have to agree - connected. I've decided we don't need the batman logo shining in sky at night to communicate. It happens when we sleep regardless.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I would waste ninja skills on swiping zucchini! It's one of my favorite veggies. Almost as versitile as a potato. I can't seem to get enough!

i'm erin. said...

wow...your garden rocks the socks off of my garden. I love the shots, and I can tell you have been putting your 5omm to good use!

Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cheap skip bin hire
skip bin hire yeerongpilly

Related Posts with Thumbnails