Monday, February 14, 2011

Breathe

After baking, icing, decorating and wrapping 20 dozen of the pretty pastries pictured below for a posh little local boutique, I switched gears and decided to try something different to hand out as my personal Valentines this year.

I played around with a glace icing technique that turned out to be so much fun! I experimented with all sorts of designs, and found that Valentines Day is the perfect holiday for these type of cookie! Swirls and hearts are easy and beautiful and I even see EKG blips in the
Mille Feuille pattern!


I boxed them up for friends and found these adorable Vintage Valentines to attach!


I love Valentines Day, and even though for me this year it was stretched out to about two weeks long, I still couldn't stop myself from sticking to tradition and finishing up with my own Valentines to hand out. I feel like I can breathe freely now and I'm pretty sure I won't be tempted to make sugar cookie for at least another two weeks!


Giorno felice dei biglietti di S. Valentino!
(It sounds prettiest in Italian!)

11 comments:

Peggy said...

I heart your Valentine's tradition. A lot.

A whole lot.

A holy-freaking-huge-amount lot.

And I heart you.

Shauna said...

Tammy--they are both beautiful! The boutique is probably bummed they didn't get them ALL! :)

Vickie said...

Such beautiful sweets for you sweeties! I'm telling you Tammy your beautiful cookies remind me of stippling on a quilt.
Where did you find the vintage valentines? I love them. happy Valentines day friend.

Kristine said...

I heart you too. Tammy, you are such a wonderful person. The world is a better place with you in it. My life is better with you in it.

JoMamma said...

Your blog makes me so hungry. Those are beautiful. Happy Valentines

i'm erin. said...

Today ended up being a very traumatic and sad day for me. I broke a piece of equipment that cost close to $700 after only using it twice.

Needless to say, when I came home from my shoot and found your cookies, I:
1. Cried like a baby girl.
2. Took pictures immediately.
3. Devoured a bite out of each cookie...just making sure they weren't different flavors.

I love you. erin.

Pamela said...

I love how great your zucherro cookies turned out!!! Va Va Bene.

Carterista said...

Tammy!
You cookies were FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!! Was that a hint of amaretto I savored? Amaretto in a cookie is even better than chocolate in my world.
I'm excessively grateful to share a part of my world with your world. Hope your valentines day was as good as mine after I got your cookies!
Cecilia

Carterista said...

You must know how grateful I am because I actually visited a blog. LOL.

Unknown said...

Love the cookies!! And Can I just say how small the world really is?! I LOVE shopping and visiting Thanksgiving Pointe! :) A few of my girl friends and I tske a road trip to Salt Lake every 6 months....we ALWAYS go to Witches Night Out at Gardner Village. An how...so now I feel like I "know" you. (lol)

Anonymous said...

Love your cookies. I usually make sugar cookies for valentines too but didn't get to it this year. Now Your making me feel terrible about it, heehee.
Love your blog and thank you for taking the time to look at mine:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails