Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This Little Piggy.....

Awww........Is there anything cuter than little, tiny baby toes? We count them, we kiss them, we make up poems about them.....


They're just so sweet!! I have been guilty of all sorts of tootsie-tickling. I've been guilty of nibbling & yes, even sucking on the darn things! I can't help it!! They only stay this cute for so long!!




Oh, look! there's two of them!! Even better!! So soft and adorable, double the pleasure, double the fun!!

Wait a minute.......what is that I see? I am familiar with every darling dimple my honey-bun possesses--and that ain't one of them!!!

Can you see it?
Let's take a closer look......
What the?!!? HOLY COW! My precious had one of those mythical "hair got wrapped around the baby's finger/toe" hairs wrapped around his finger/toe!!!!!! Can you see it?!? A HAIR WRAPPED ITSELF AROUND MY BABY'S TOE AND TRIED TO CUT IT OFF!!!!!

I was giving Jackson a bath this morning and noticed through the soap bubbles a piece of lint on his toe. Then I noticed that the lint was tangled up in a piece of hair. So I pulled the lint and hair off and saw that a deep crease remained. I rather FREAKED!! I had just had a conversation about this very subject with a group of friends, about how we had all heard of this happening. One friend even described how someone she knew even had to have their baby's finger AMPUTATED because of a constricting hair that went unnoticed!! Sacre bleu!! After running around the kitchen for 6.7 seconds like a headless chicken, I reverted to take-charge mode. After all, discombobulated-ness gets you nowhere...

I called the pediatrician, got a very quick appointment from a concerned receptionist and rushed to pack the three boys and myself into the van.

To make a long story short, it appears as though I initially removed the entire hair myself. My aimless running around the kitchen and very valid, I thought, freaking out was not entirely warranted. Disaster was not imminent, Jackson's toe is saved, he apparently has another case of thrush, and I'm going to chop off all my hair.....

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Holy cow! What was it? Less than three days ago that we were talking about this? Dang. There isn't much cuter than little, tiny baby toes. Glad yours still has all of his! Seriously. Dang. Good thing you pay so much attention to them, huh?

Ella said...

Oh my gosh! How weird is that? I'm glad he did not lose his toe, that would be so SAD! Cute cute toes!!!

i'm erin. said...

Ahh! I love baby apendages. so cute...and edible. ha ha snort.

Ok, so I was reading your blog and thinking my screen was wigging out. then I realized, it was snowing...on your blog...ha ha that is so cool.

kellieanne said...

Thanks for coming to the rescue of my Jackson's toe. Thanks for having a peculiar facination with baby parts. Jackson thanks you too.

a little music said...

I seriously had no idea that a simple hair could do so much damage! Holy cow! And may I second your "sacre bleu"! (I remember when we learned to swear in French class, weren't we clever?)

What ever would we have done about ruining those perfect piggies? They really are just gobble-able.

I commend you on the impeccable timing of your "mom-senses" tingling. Kudos, seriously, on restoring full circulation to that vital little appendage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails