Friday, November 21, 2008

mmmmm.......


Yeah.....If this photo does not keep you from hoppin' to the next blog on your stalker list, there is something seriously WRONG with you! These bad boys were brought into my home last night by my favorite footballer, Bryce, along with about 8 other perfect pastries that did not make it 'till morning.....apparently, homemade doughnuts are a tradition at the Viking Football Linemen parties. Somebody's blessed mother makes several dozen for the boys to feast on. We have been the beneficiaries of said doughnuts before, but since the doughnut-makers son is a senior, and the football season is over, you are looking at the tail end of a soon to be extinct species of dessert. Sad, huh? Let's take a closer look....Since you are there, and the doughnuts are here, you will have to just take my word for it that these are the best doughnuts I have ever tasted. And if such a thing is possible, I dare say that they are even better the next morning. I should know because I ate two.....okay, five. I ate five. I'm not even going to pretend that I ate less than that and I am NOT ashamed! It went a little something like this:MMMMM.....CHOMP......OOHHHH.......YUMMM

OOOPS! I knocked them over....here Kellie, have one. No, have TWO so I can have another one!! MUNCH,MUNCH......SMACK........NUM, NUM, NUM........

OH MY GOSH......IT'S ALMOST GONE!!! MUST...SLOW...DOWN........


FOR THE LOVE OF PETE GIRL, STOP!! THIS IS THE LAST LINEMAN DOUGHNUT YOU WILL EVER EAT!!! WHY DIDN"T YOU FREEZE THEM OR SOMETHING??!?


GULP.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I apologize for that gluttonous display of gastronomic engorgement. Just like I had to apologize to Sidney for eating 47% of the doughnuts. Sorry Sidney. I hope all the examples of onomatopoeia made up for it........

5 comments:

kellieanne said...

I too must apologize to Sidney for being involved in the depletion of such a delicacy so dear. The picture are gorgeous and bring back yummy memories.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Mmmm.... Gosh darn it-- now you made me hungry! And I'll never even get the chance to eat lineman donuts! :-( Now that I know what I'm missing, it makes me kind of sad. Sniff, sniff.

And yes, I did have to look up onomatopoeia, just in case you were wondering.

Unknown said...

That was some reaction. I think I am blushing right now just from reading that post. :-) Please tell me you got the recipes to those yummy donuts.

Kristine said...

I. Want. Some. Doughnuts. now. thanks. Tammy.

i'm erin. said...

oh yummy, no wonder I haven't seen you very much lately, you have been hanging out with football players! (I sure would like a picture of just the player)

Related Posts with Thumbnails