Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How to Roast a Red Pepper (or a green, yellow, orange, any.....)


It's hard.

It's sooooooo hard.

I can't believe something that sounds so simpele is So. Dang. Difficult!!

Follow me.

Deep breath.

#1.


Place......the pepper......on a baking sheet.



#2.


Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
That's 5--0--0.


#3.
Set your timer for 20 minutes.
After 10minutes, turn your pepper over.



#4.

Then take that pepper and
place into a paper bag.



#5.
Seal up that bag and set
it into your refirgerator for 10 minutes.
(you'll want to place the bag onto
a plate or something because.......)



#6.
Sometimes the juices are overwhelming!



#7.


Then, scrape and peel the
charred skin from the pepper.
Make sure you leave a
few blackened bits so that your
friends and family will know how
much hard work you went to for them.


#8.

Next, slice or chop your hard work
into chunks and wait for the
perfect recipe calling
for roasted red peppers to come along.

(Hint: Tomorrow's post.)


Now go and watch yourself an episode of Veronica Mars as a reward for all your hard work. You've earned it!!!

5 comments:

Ella said...

I always gut mine first then cut them in half with the skin side up and roast it that way. Can't wait for the recipe to follow!!!♥

Pamela said...

Too Funny! I think we are posting the same (almost) recipe. Can't wait to see it!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you!!! I am a bit italian. The meaning is hot atichike dip ;)

Unknown said...

PS...It's Rins lol This is my blog name I am working on :)

Peggy said...

Mmmm. Roasted Red Peppers. One of my favorite things in this world! I can almost smell it from clear over here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails