Monday, April 20, 2009

The SpongeBob of my youth.......

Purely for the sake of replacing the previous photos on my blog post of one month ago (of which I am sick to death of looking at as my blog is my default home page), I post a photo of a character from a lifetime ago.......


--Yes, it's Gargamel. Sworn enemy of Papa Smurf and all the Smurflings. I had relegated Gargamel to the furthest recesses of my memory. He never surfaced, unlike the Sleestaks from Land of the Lost:



Sleestaks rocked. And let's face it, Will was hot, to those of us who had a six-year-old crush on him anyway.....

Back to Gargamel. I had completely forgotten about him until today, when an errant comment on someone's blog sent him rushing back into my cerebral cortex like the flush from a not-up-to-code toilet. This led me on a mental walk down memory lane: 6:00 a.m. Saturday mornings, when cartoons meant something. Where I sat, enveloped by a blanket, warm air from the heater vent creating a toasty bubble in which I baked. Classics like, Schoolhouse Rock, Bugs Bunny, H.R. Pufinstuf with Wilhelmina W. Witchiepoo, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters


Ahhhhh.........good times! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Holy Cow Tammy, thanks for the trip down cartoon memory lane. Paul and I had totally forgotten about some of these, that video was awesome. Lets face it, the quality of what is on these days does not even come close to comparing!!

miss mandi said...

mam!
Its mandi.
I love HR Pufnstuf.
I even have a sigmund action figure if thats possible.
also. i think hayden anderson's hair looks likes jimmy's.
He's not as handsome as jimmy though!

kellieanne said...

How is it these were so entertaining then and seem kind of corny now? Corny like spongebob.

Carterista said...

I LOVED the Smurfs!! (Incidentally, you can still see the shows on Catoon Network, but I can't stomach Smurfette now.) And I watched my fair share of Bugs and The Roadrunner, too.
BUT, I can honestly say I do not recognize the others you mentioned. I watched Spidey cartoons, and Wonder Woman and Charlies Angels... I think I must have slept in most Saturdays...oh wait...we had to have our chores done before turning on the TV. Maybe that explains it or maybe we just didn't have the same shows in PR. Either way, I'm thinking I didn't miss out on much. And after watching your video post, I'm pretty sure. LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails